
We all made the trip back to the farm over Easter weekend and had a blast! At the last minute, we decided to fly and were very nervous about having a screaming baby on our hands. Nadia was an angel on both legs of the trip! She slept and just sat there looking around without making a peep.
This was the first time that a lot of Darren's family was able to meet Nadia. Her Great Grandpa Kuhn ha
d her belly laughing at one point and was always playing with her. At one point I overheard him say "You're already my girl, aren't you?" It was adorable!
d her belly laughing at one point and was always playing with her. At one point I overheard him say "You're already my girl, aren't you?" It was adorable!Nadia's Great Grandma Maggie also enjoyed meeting her. Unfortunately, Nadia is not a baby that likes to be held very often, but we did manage to snap a picture before she started getting fussy. She is much happier on the floor where she can flop her legs down and for some reason likes to lay flat whenever she can.
Do you remember Nadia's full head of dark hair when she was born? She's taking after the Kuhn men where her hair is thinning on the top and she has rubbed a HUGE bald spot on the back.


It's calving season back at the farm and Darren was adamant that I go out and watch a calf being born. I couldn't bring myself to go out and watch the event, but Darren was kind enough to video tape it so I could witness the birth. If anyone is interested, I can burn a copy for you and you can enjoy it as well! :) He also brought a calf up on the porch so Nadia could see one. I think that will be more fun for her next year when she's older!!
ND was hit with so much snow over the last few weeks which started to melt when we were there. The fields were COVERED with water and is making life very difficult for Darrell and Dorita. Darren and I were able to go out on our first date in about 7 months while we were there! On our way home, Dorita called and told us that part of the road home was under water and to call when we got to that point. Darrell had to pick us up in the tractor and take us the rest of the way home. My husband knows how to show me a good time!!
My Dad was also able to join us in ND. Mom was down in AZ playing with her college friends so he decided to take a road trip.
I am including a video that we took of Nadia from Tuesday. She has turned into a giggle box and we finally caught it on video. I hope it brings a smile to your face like it does for Darren and I!!



No comments:
Post a Comment