Fargo Marathon
We just got home from a great weekend in Fargo. This was the 5th year that Darren ran the half marathon...this year he and Dustin ran the 2 man marathon relay and finished in 6th place!! My parents, Dustin and Amanda and Dana all came for the weekend festivities. The rest of us walked in the 5k and pushed Nadia in her stroller. It was so much fun to be a part of the marathon and for about 10 minutes I felt motivated to try and run a half myself. I think I'm over it already! :) 

I've always known that my Dad was competitive, but he took it to the next level on Saturday. We were toward the back of the pack because Nadia got hungry just as the race was starting. We had to stop to mix a bottle before we could keep going. Dad was not excited that we were going to come in very close to last place and kicked it in full gear! He and Nadia left Mom, Amanda and I in the dust and was weaving in and out of the crowd to try and get ahead. Keep in mind we have a large stroller that he was trying to navigate. In doing so, he was cutting people off, coming close to clipping ankles and even was running at some point!! We ended up beating some people so mission accomplished, Dad!!





No comments:
Post a Comment